The Calling by Rachelle Dekker

       



The Calling 

by Rachelle Decker


In the second book of the Seer Series, we find that a year and half has passed by and a daughter has been born to Remko and Carrington. The following of Seers has grown to a larger number and keeps growing as the people are more oppressed by the new president of Authority City. Anyone who chooses to disobey and follow the rebel Aaron is executed and the people are forced to watch the executions.  As the tactical leader Remko faces many challenges leading his team to perform many missions inside the city. Also as a father he faces the challenge of protecting his family from the danger that faces them.


From the day that I finished The choosing, I couldn't wait to read the next book in  the series. I loved getting to see Remko's side of the story, it gave a different outlook to the story. The timeline has moved forward a year and half after Remko and Carrington left authority city very smoothly in the story line. Rachelle Dekker has truly followed in her father's footsteps and written a story that holds you to the end while making you want to know what is going to happen next to the characters  she touches on a very strong emotion and that is fear and letting go of it. When Remko finally lets go, he is able to fight what has overtaken him and overcome the enemy. Letting go of our fears is a big thing alot of us struggle with, even I struggle with letting go of my fears. Growing up I struggled with many fears into my adulthood, just like Remko struggled with his fears. 





Q&A with Rachelle Dekker

Remko struggles with his anger often throughout the book. Is this expression of anger connected to his fears? If so how?

Anger is just a natural reaction to the circumstances Remklo faces. Sometimes being afraid can stir up anger because it makes feel weak or out to control. This is definitely true for Remko in The Calling.

Do  you think men and women express and handle fear differently? If so how?

I believe people handle fear differently and that gender doesn't always play a role. I believe more often than not we are all the same, and that we should be encouraged that we never really face anything alone.


In the book you talk a lot about surrendering to fear. What does this look like and how does this help us not to be afraid?

I think sometimes the natural reaction to fear is to hide from it, or try and push it away. Its the idea that if we can't see it then it must not be there, but we all know that unless dealt with the unseen things often come back to bite us. The only way to face fear is to walk through it; surrendering to Father God and letting Him reminds of our true identity. Only then do we really see that the light within us is always greater than the fear we face.

Do you relate to any of the characters in The Calling in terms of how you've faced and handled fear in your life? How so?

Of course, every character I write ends up having some reflection of things I've faced personally. You can only write what you know, as they say. I, very much like Remko, have the tendency to be in "in my head" too much when faced with fear, and I struggle to let go of the need for control and simply surrender. That's one of the main reasons I decided to write this story.

What do you hope readers will take away from the story?

I hope they take a moment to see themselves as children of the Father. I hope they see that true freedom and fearlessness rest in surrendering, and that when they stand with the Father than nothing can stand against them. There is incredible peace in that truth,and I hope, like I am beginning the experience, that readers feel that same peace.

What ccan readers expect in the final book of the series?
Characters they know ans some new ones I hope they'll love!! More questions of identity and fear, but the characters will also be looking at forgiveness and letting go. I'm really happy with the way the final book played out, and I'm hoping readers will be as well.





Thank you to Rachelle Dekker for taking the time out to share some of her thoughts with us.


I received this book for  free for a honest review by Tyndall Publishing. 
































                                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freedom's Ring!!

Time Slip Adventure!!

Beautifully Written!!!