Letting Go of Control!!

One of my struggles in my marriage is not having control over things, I let myself get angry over things that I should let go of. It has taken me a long time to get to a place where I know take a deep breath and think before I speak. I did not realize I had done this till the other day my dear hubby told me he had taken money out of the account without telling me. This has been a issue that would usually have gotten me very upset and very angry. This time I had taken a moment to breathe and we was able to talk about the issue without a huge fight. The reward out of this was my dear hubby more willing to listen to how I was feeling about the issue. 

I have learned in this past year I can not control everything in my life. Things are going to happen in our lives that we can not control, like a car accident, health problems, infertility, marriage problems. Our marriage has not been like a fairy tale, we have faced  many struggles in the years we have been married. Some of those struggles have been money issues, loss of a vehicle and my hubby having a stroke on top of everything. Earlier this year I was in a wreck due to the weather, it took me several months to get over the feeling that I could have done something to stop myself from getting into a wreck. 

There are still times I feel I have to control things in my life, but I have to take a deep breath and pause; I can not control all things. There is only one person who controls things in our lives and He is the one all knowing GOD. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warsaw Sisters!!

Freedom's Ring!!

Truth and Forgiveness!!!