Beauty Begins with You!!

Beauty Begins: Making Peace with Your Reflection by [Shook, Chris, Shook Alpha, Megan]

Beauty Begins: 

Making Peace with Your Reflection

by Chris Shook and Megan Shook Alpha


A Mother and daughter team bring to us a fresh look at the struggle girls and women are facing today. Diving into a very hard topic that bombards us everywhere from billboards to magazines in the grocery store checkout line. Exploring the origins of true beauty, while challenging all women to trade the pressure to meet a certain perfect look, for what God has provided for us in perfect love. 

Our culture has taken a precious thing and created it into an obsession that has made us into objects more than humans. It does not matter where we turn we face images that feed us that beauty is all about looks. I, myself have struggled with this issue to the point I could not see the truth in the mirror. 

The mother and daughter team share from their life experiences and struggles with body image and appearance. Drawing from what they have been thru they give us the wisdom to overcome and realise what true beauty is.


I love the fresh take these two women write with, they are very real about life. This is one book I would recommend for women of all ages to read.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are my own









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freedom's Ring!!

The Warsaw Sisters!!

Truth and Forgiveness!!!