Truth and Forgiveness!!!



Shine like the Dawn

by Carrie Turansky


Carrie Turansky brings us a very beautiful story that is set in time of  Edwardian Northern  England, Margaret Lounsbury life was uprooted four years ago when tragedy struck in the form of a boating accident taking the lives of her parents and older sister. Her grandmother took in Margaret and her younger sister providing them with a roof over their head and food on the table. Their days are spent with Margaret working in her grandmothers Millinery Shop, while she helps to raise her younger sister. Even though she is willing to do anything to protect her sister, her heart still weighs heavy with the loss of her parents and sister. 

When Nathaniel Harcourt receives news from his stepmother telling him of his father's illness. He returns  back home to Morningside Manor in time to say his last goodbyes to his father. Now he is the heir to the partial control of his father's engineering company and the duty of repaying a debt owed to the Lounsbury family. 

The years that have separated Nathaniel and Margaret have put a strain on their friendship.  Now as Nathaniel reaches out to try to help his childhood friend he is met with a cold reception. As things start to heat up with the tensions in the factory and the search for truth opens more questions for both Nathaniel and Margaret. Will Margaret be able to let go of the deep resentments that she has held on for so long? Also will the search for the truth about her parents death  draw the two closer or cause a deeper divide between them.


I love getting to read books that are written in different time periods then our own, I can say this was another delightful read. Carrie Turansky has done it again and brought to us a book that you will not want to put down till you get to the end.

Thank you to Blogging for books  for the complimentary copy of this book that I received in exchange for a honest and personal review. All comments are my own and I did not receive any compensation for my review. I was not required to write a positive review, but I did because the book deserves it.


T

Comments

  1. Can I ask when you got the book? I have been after it from Booklook Bloggers for weeks, but there have always been no copies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Within the past couple weeks, I think there was several copies left. I usually go for a print copy, which I then pass onto my local community library.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Warsaw Sisters!!

Freedom's Ring!!