Shadow of the Storm!!!




Shadow of the Storm

by Connilyn Cossette

This is the first book I have read written by Connilyn Cossett, the first thing that interested me in reading her books was the biblical aspect of her story line. From the moment I picked up the book to the end I was hooked to the story. Getting to take a step back into the time period of Moses was a delight for me. It gives me a different look at the scriptures and helped me to understand some of the events that happened  during the long journey to the promised land.

This is the second installment to the Out Of  the Egypt series, it continues with the Israelite's journey to the promise land. Shira now is living in freedom with her family at the foot of Mt Sinai.When the opportunity comes along for Shira to learn a new trade, it awakens a new desire in her. Going against her mother's wishes to continue in the families weaving trade; she pursues the calling of becoming a midwifes apprentice. 

When a delivery goes wrong, Shira finds herself in a very difficult situation that has her bound to man who betrayed her heart. As the danger increases with the tensions between the Hebrew tribes and the foreigners; the flames of another rebellion flicker. Shira comes face to face with the pain of her  hidden past as it seems to repeat itself. Will she be able to let it go and embrace the love that is being given to her? Will Shira be able to believe in a hopeful future that is being presented to her.


A big thank you to Connilyn Cossette and Bethany House Publishers for providing  a  complimentary copy of  this book. This review is all my honest opinion of the book and I received no compensation for it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Warsaw Sisters!!

Freedom's Ring!!

Truth and Forgiveness!!!